Monday, June 24, 2019

Victory!!!

I headed down to Boulder for another Olympic distance road triathlon (this was the Boulder Sunrise Triathlon).  What I thought would be good racing prep for the upcoming Xterra Beavercreek ended up being a great win!

My friend Cheryl who got me to do a road tri last year here in Boulder did it again.  Thanks Cheryl (who won her age group!)

Another great story is Kimberly Goodell won the Women's overall.  We are former teammates on the Chicago Smelts masters swim team (where I met Tina).  I hadn't seen her in 10 years and... way to represent!

A few race details:
It was supposed to be a cold rainy day, and the weather held off for nearly perfect racing conditions.
I led wire to wire, and felt fantastic.  It was one of those days where when you ask your body to go faster, it does.


No comments:

Post a Comment