Thursday, June 15, 2017

I didn't compete in the GoPro mountain games this year.  If you watch this video you will see my miserable experience with a leaky kayak from last year:



 Unfortunately, Senna didn't get to compete either!  I signed her up for the dueling dogs competition instead of the long jump.  I thought her competitive nature would really help her since it is a race down the dock and to the end of the pool.  The organizers were not very beginner dog friendly, and were super strict on the rules, therefore they wouldn't let us train her before the competition.  She didn't know what she was supposed to do so we couldn't compete.

Tina and I tried to continue our small preseason 5k races this year.  We raced in one in Rifle, CO.  It wasn't well organized, though.  The course was marked reasonably well, except for the turnaround!  I still managed to cross the line first after getting lost.  Tina, had SHE not gotten lost would have beaten me.  We got some ice cream out of the race, so it wasn't too bad, but it's hard to get a good race pace in when you are lost!

The MTB race season has started too.  I never do well at these races, but I raced last night and had a good time racing with my friends.

I have to welcome XX2i Optics as my new sunglasses sponsor for this year.  Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment